You may have secured website hosting from Network Solutions, but now that you have your blog setup, you’re really not sure what to do with it. Blogs have to be promoted – there are so many out there that if yours just sits there, nobody will find it! Follow these quick tips for getting traffic to your blog.
2. Don’t hide your visitors’ problems with your website. Instead, have a feedback section where you post complaints and then showcase how you solved the problem.
3. People love videos. Create a video blog post by interviewing one of your best customers or filming a short tutorial.
4. Keep a running list of blog topics. That way, you won’t get stuck and end up writing about something boring just to post content. A great way to get ideas is to subscribe to the newsletters and blogs of your competitors.
5. At the beginning of every blog post, include an eye-catching image.
6. Write about case studies – people love learning information that’s backed by research, not just opinion.
7. Put polls and surveys on your blog and then direct people there via social media. Readers love to have their voice heard.
8. This is a given, but use SEO in your blog and throughout your website. Even people who’ve never been on your site before will come across it when they search for specific topics.
9. Offer to write guest blog posts for other websites. If you don’t mind not getting paid, the odds of you being accepted as a guest blogger are good. You’ll get readership from their blog which can be directed back to your website via a link.
10. Tweet about a new blog post more than just once – instead, Tweet about it a few times a day for a few days. You can recycle blog posts, too, and Tweet about them at a later date.