Are you worried over setting up an email account in Microsoft Outlook in the right way? Though, you will have web based rich mailing platforms, you might like to maintain your professional mails from email software program like the Microsoft Outlook. In such situations, it is important for you to understand the configuration ways for the right set-up.
If you wish to use the client email software- Microsoft Outlook for handling your emailing purposes then, here, is a look at the guidelines of set-up –
(This set of instruction is mainly explained for the 2003 version of Microsoft Outlook, the steps might vary a bit with the latest versions keeping the platform same.)
- Click the tab ‘tools’ at the main menu bar at the top screen
- Following this click on the tab ‘email accounts’
- Check the circle detailing “Add an email account” and click on the ‘next’ tab
- Choose the server type by clicking on the circle highlighting POP3; Click on the ‘next’ tab
- Submit the following details on the next screen that is the Internet E-mail Settings (IMAP/ POP3) window
- Your name (first name and last name)
- Email address like – [email protected]
- Username (enter your email address)
- Password (email account password)
- Incoming mail server (POP3) [imap.secureserver.net. or Pop.secureserver.net]
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP Server) [Smtpout.secureserver.net]
- Do not tick the box that says ‘log on using Secured Password Authentication (SPA)
- Click on More Settings and click on the ‘Outgoing Server Tab’ on the window of Internet Email Settings
- Check the box titled “My outgoing server (SMTP Server) requires authentication”
- Select the option titled “Use the same settings as my incoming mail server”
- Select the ‘advanced’ tab and change the outgoing SMTP server port to 80 or 3535
- Cling in the tab ‘Ok’ to apply the settings
- Click on the tab ‘next’ and then click on the tab ‘finish’.
Your Email account is configured for use.